The COOJ Geriatric and Dementia Program was started with the main goal of improving the quality of life of senior citizens. It promotes health, well-being, and independence through recreation, creative and therapeutic activities, support services and information. This approach helps in motivating and inspiring the elderly to understand the essence of being happy and further increases their life satisfaction which, in turn, helps us to serve them better.
- To improve the overall well being of the geriatric population
- To provide specific rehabilitation services for people with dementia
- To provide for assessment and treatment for memory problems
- To encourage social connectedness and remove isolation
- To promote skill enhancement and development
- To provide therapeutic interventions for normal aging, as well as dementia
- To reduce caregiver burden through services like support groups, domiciliary care and training
- To create awareness about geriatric mental health and dementia
PROGRAMS / SERVICES
Senior Therapy Center
HOW WILL IT HELP?
Being truly heard can make a huge difference in a senior’s life and the main factor that predicts thriving in older age is whether the person feels engaged in his or her life. The program’s benefits include:
- Helping the elderly to feel more connected and less isolated through regular social and interactive activities
- Providing assessment and treatment opportunities for seniors facing memory problems
- Providing various platforms for them to exercise and maintain their cognitive, emotional and physical abilities
- Motivating and inspiring them to find and sustain their self-worth and confidence.
- Reducing caregiver burden through various support services